Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dance Show

So yesterday I went to a dance competition. It was held at the Irish Cultural and Heritage Center and there were over 15 dancers going head to head to advance to the next and final round.

I love it. It was truly a great event to attend. The dancers were so gifted and love to do what they do best.
I think shows like this should be more often in this city. Dancing is one of those arts that people often over look especially if it's not modern or ballet. These youth don't just twirl around, they flip and twist, jump and move their feet all kinds of ways. They did such a great job.

It make me wish I could dance as well, but I support those who can and do very well at it. From some of the dancers, it is just for fun, but the rest want to go further. Either way, I like being apart of helping them find a place they can show off their skills. They are artists as well. Their moves are not always the same and dancing is the best way they can express themselves creatively.

I'll be back to see the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment